Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The word 'work' is definitely relative..

"Kindergarten is hard work!”


This is how my 5 year old daughter feels about the enlightening 13 year or longer educational journey she has recently commenced.
I try to gently explain to her that she can learn to be grateful for the marvelous opportunity we call education, and she should take this time in her young life to explore new intellectual avenues like letter writing, music class, and the complexities of counting to 100.



I also say, “Sis, you have to go to school for a long time, so we might as well figure out a way to like all that hard work.”




She thoughtfully responds with, “I like recess and free choice time.”

That’s my girl! Always a silver lining…

Love,
Monae



P.S.  Now this giant paper mache eagle...this looks a lot like work!


No comments:

Post a Comment