Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Photography Newbie

So... I am very new to the world of photography, and I think it's pretty apparent. I do, however, have a goal (one of many) to figure out this darn Photoshop program that has been marinating on my computer for 5 years. Besides appeasing Leslie, this blog has another motivator driving it; I'm pretty sure loading my pics on the Internet will force me to exhibit some sort of publishing pride and try out this strange thing called post processing. Wish me luck!
Here's Halloween at the Guercio's:

I may have gotten a little carried away with Cinderella's makeup, but she thought it was fabulous and I didn't tell her otherwise.


It might have done me some good to carry myself just a little further with Super Girl's makeup, but I was exhausted after Spidey's and Cinderella's. 



No one would believe this, but Spiderman sat still as can be for this whole affair. I just had a hard time getting him to not wipe it all over his sleeve when his nose started running shortly there-after.


Possibly a little over processed, but my goal is to get better. Let's not hold our breath....
Love,
Monae

5 comments:

  1. Monae, Yeah!! I'm SO glad you have a blog. I love reading about you. Post more often ok?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! I'm so glad someone could finally convince you to join! I've missed knowing what's going on in your life. Great job on the kids' makeup...I am very impressed. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Blogging definitely motivates me to take more pictures and to post process them, I'm sure I wouldn't otherwise (unless I printed them... but that's NEVER happened!) Welcome to blogging Monae, it's good to have you here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! I am excited! Good job with the costumes. Here's our blog. patandsusan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well you did it Monae. I don't have time to come back every day or two but I should visit once or twice a month. Don't let this consume all your time. Love Dad.

    ReplyDelete